Research and grower observations have shown that response to soybean seed treatments depends on early growing season conditions. Early planting, reduced/no-till practices, compacted soils and cool, wet weather conditions increase seedling disease and insect risks due to slower emergence and early plant development. Soybean seed treatments are often used to reduce these risks.
There are several potential advantages to treating soybean seed:
· Improved seedling emergence and stand establishment
· Enhanced early plant vigor and root development
· Reduced feeding of over-wintering bean leaf beetles
· Suppressed soybean aphid early in the season
· Managing the risk of replant
· Helping to maximize yield potential
Contact your AgVenture or your local Regional Seed Company to discuss our excellent Soybean seed treatment.